Growth hormone campaign
Marketing and Creative Management
Client: Novonordisk Pharmaceutical
Project team: Ori Bar and Partners
There are two public systems on the health basket: Public opinion links the health basket to life-saving drugs. The second and third cycle (life extension, quality of life) is pushed aside.
Consequences: Public opinion was cancer-biased in its types while emphasizing emotional elements. Cancer as an agenda is the most powerful symbol – life or death.
The issue of cancer grew out of the struggle, a mixed leadership that initiated independent moves –
Meetings with MKs, demonstrations, letters, media inquiries and more.
Patients received backing from family / friends / community. “Cancer” has been backed by strong associations: the Association for the War on Cancer and one in nine
Cancer has a long tradition of “lobby” (ENDORSERS) Among professionals and among Knesset members (“Bon Ton”)
Short schedule – only one month before the committee’s decision
Parents did not know each other and were not united as a pressure group
The parents did not have a common / clear agendaThe hormone is perceived as a drug that “improves quality of life” only
The growth hormone did not have a previous “accumulated relationship” – neither among the public nor among decision makers
There were no “presenters/promoters” for the issue among Knesset members
There was no recognized patient association that could promote and discuss the issue
Opposition from Schneider Hospital spokeswoman to the collaboration due to a directive from Clalit Health Insurance Fund.
– Rapid flooding of the subject into communication with an emphasis on the children’s angle and with maximum emotional elements
– Rapid organization of parents as a pressure group with a common agenda
– Use of “TESTIMONIALS” – parents, children – for communication needs and parliamentary moves
– Locating DORSERS: Physician; Member of Knesset – for communication needs and parliamentary moves
– Work closely with the lobby agency
Media across the web and the city